CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 20, 2009

longboarding behind the bar

Thursday through Sunday made me realize how many different music scenes, or genres come through work.

Thursday night Richy Nix, a rock/ rapper-hip hop artist from Windsor played. The show was packed, and his fans were pretty intense. After talking to 'Richy" post show, I found out that this is only his third show with a band. Third! Also, their song 'In My Head", has been one of the top ten or twenty songs on the detroit alternative rock station 89x for quite some time now (today it was Number 5).

The Ontario Metal Alliance tour played Friday, featuring Blood Shot Eye, "Metal / Death Metal / Hardcore", as described on their myspace.. The vocalist, Jess, can scream better than most; if not all men. My co-worker and I created a shot after the band entitled the 'blood shot eye bomb'. Composed of Sole Gin, redbull, and grenadine. It's actually legit. Order one!


Saturday night featured Street Pharmacy, Rebel Emergency, and Windsor's Stereo Goes Stellar.
The first two were reggae/ska-ish/rock-ish. Rebel Emergency covered part of a USS (Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker) song- Hollow Point Sniper Hyperbole, it was superb!
Stereo Goes Stellar was amazing, as always. They are back playing at the Chubby PIckle August 11th with Ten Second Epic. Check that show out!

Also I would like to thank my two friends for letting a fellow co-worker and I test out the new flat bar mats via- longboard. The 'My name is Brian, and I like to stakeboard' dream joke finally became a reality.


Last night was another metal show, the two headliners were Odium and Aquila.
The singer from Odium has an epic voice, legit. Check out their music video ,(apparently the guitarist suffered from frost bite post-filming) that fact alone is worth watching it!
By the end of the night, the bar ran out of budweiser, I blame that on a certain band that played.





Adam, and Mark (Aquila) posing for a perfect photo op at the end of the night






Later skaters

0 comments: